…and the little one said, “Roll over! Roll over!” So they all rolled over and one fell out!
Hey you guys! Hoping all has been well since my last post FORRREVERRRR ago. It’s laughably pathetic how finding a little quiet time to sit at my laptop to write seems unfathomable. With that said, my hubby has graciously offered to keep the babies busy and quiet for a bit… so lets rock n’ roll.
For those of you who follow me over on my Insta /@Floridaray18/ you know that my husband + I share a bed with the babies. A small bed. Yeah. It’s tight. Imagine sardines. Well that’s us. For months, Bracy + I have been on a massive hunt for the prefect upgrade. So below, I’m going to take you through our king size upgrade process! Part one, that is:)
To be honest, my heart has mixed feelings on this whole king size bed thing. I love to snuggle + am probably the most annoying person in the world to sleep next to. My husband would never admit this, but I would put money on the fact that he wants to chop off my legs and beat me with them most nights. I do this weirdly obnoxious thing where I have to, and I mean HAVE TO rub my feet against his, at a pace that sits somewhere between a skip and a jog. I do this until I fall asleep. Now apparently once that happens, I then swing one leg up and over my husbands back, and there, it must sit until Jax comes creepin’ down the hall, dragging his water, a blankie, the pillow, Moo Baby, and his little orange basketball. Yup. All of those things MUST be in his bed in order for him to fall asleep. Which means all of those things must end up in our bed in order for him to fall back asleep there.
In addition to Bracy, myself, + the copious amount of unnecessary nonsense, we’ve also got, count ’em up, one and now two tiny humans in bed. Yup. That’s right. I said two! AJ has been a comfort nurser since the birth canal, so we can count on him being tucked in my armpit at all times. Now look. I do not and will never ever condone co-sleeping. It’s something that, to be honest, terrifies me, hence the fact that I haven’t deeply slept in roughly 18 months (pregnancy + new babe). You hear the horror stories, you’ve read the books. It’s such a frowned upon scenario with much to debate in our society. In other cultures, it’s the norm. This is definitely a hot topic, one I’d rather not get into the semantics of in this blog post. Moving on.
Oh the infamous, almost forever lasting king size bed hunt. One of the most frustrating items you would ever shop for ever, in your life, guaranteed. I mean think about. The average person will spend about 229,961 hours in their bed in a lifetime. Crazy, right!? So with that said, you for suuuuure have a big decision to make! Not to mention, beds are super pricey. For us, we did the shopping, the research, and the review reading all online. We are not the type to go testing out beds in a furniture store, and to be honest, those stores do not want the Maynard’s in there either. I can already see it. Jax jumping across bed after bed with dirty shoes and cheeto fingers. Agh! I’d give them 8 minutes before kicking us out.
We currently own the ever-so-popular Tempur-Pedics and Sealy’s… they are great and all but we wanted to try something a little different this time. The whole giant bed in a tiny box fascinates me. It’s funny… friends of mine joke about their EPIC return policy.
After an almost 12 month search for a king size bed, based on research alone, we have decided on… drumroll please… the 4Sleep Mattress:: The Most Comfortable, Supportive, & Cooling Sleep Experience Available®. Now let me tell you the why we went this route::
- 4Sleep was started by a husband + wife team. I truly admire marriages that can rock a business together, too. Super admirable, and totally goal worthy.
- They market their gel memory foam mattress as “the mattress that will forever change the way you sleep.” SOLD.
- I’m a sucker for a good visual. Their website is clean, easy to nav, + to be honest, quite pretty.
- We were definitely diggin’ the Edge support system – there is an additional layer that runs along the side edge of the mattress. This 2.5″ foam layer helps reinforce the edges for both sleeping + sitting, preventing their collapse. This is an important element to me simply because of the babies in our bed. It may or may not make a difference in their safety, but it’s keeping my mind at ease.
- The 4Sleep mattress is a 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale (10 being the most firm). This places it on the firmer end compared to most other online mattress companies, which is exactly what I’ve been looking for. Apparently, the feel is similar to that of traditional memory foam, just not as extreme. I’ve got a few chronic lower back issues that my chiropractor tends to weekly. Personally, I cringe at the thought of a soft + squishy bed.
- Cooling on Demand cover is made from the same type of breathable, moisture wicking and cooling fabric used in high performance sports apparel.
- Maintains Ideal Sleep Temperature (Both absorbs and liberates body heat as needed) with Cooling Gel Memory Foam
- Motion Control (Not feeling your sleep partner. A must)
- Responsive Bounce (No sinking or cratering)
- The Price Is Right:: They sell their King size beds for $999. The shipping is free, comes in 2-5 days, compressed in a box. Still mind blown over that whole concept. Whoever stuffs these bad boys in a box, mad props.
- 4Sleep offers a 10 year, full replacement limited warranty. That’s pretty nice.
- They offer you a 100 day trial! Whaaaat? How great would it be if you could try everything for 100 days?!
- Although this totally cracks me up, it still offers piece of mind when knowing 4Sleep has a pretty sweet return policy. If for any reason within 100 days from the date of delivery you are not completely satisfied with your 4Sleep Mattress, you call ’em up. They do ask that you give your mattress an honest 30 days as it sometimes takes a few weeks for your body to fully adjust to proper alignment.
- And lastly but proudly, 4Sleep is made right here in the USA! Go Team!
Y’all… I will certainly keep you guys posted. As soon as our new bed frame arrives, I’ll share some new thoughts + additional pics. But in the meantime, head on over to www.4sleep.com and check ’em out!
Are you thinking of upsizing or have you recently gone from a Queen to a King? If so, why? Love it? Hate it? Share your thoughts below!